Sunday, November 12, 2006

For my loving mom

It was that fateful day where we all committed to a new property, a new house, and indeed a very new life. I can't help but reminisce how things were last time as compared to now.
Back at Telok Kurau, the house which i lived in with a lot of childhood memories, everything were so peaceful. Kids were playful, living their life, but not appreciating it. Now that the situation is like that, i really wished for something that's at least one quarter as good as Telok Kurau's. But no. It's not gonna be possible.

The current house is like something that we built our own graves upon. Not that it sound as bad as that. But really, ever since this new land was bought. All the problems, the troubles started flooding one after another. Times even, when everything came all at once. That were the times that tested how strong we really were, both mentally, physically and everything. All the true colours from each and every family member showed through. Eye opener.

From a bare flat land, i watched the whole house built; every single process. The anticipation and excitement of getting to live in a whole new house, designed by our very selves were strong throughout. As much as there were positive thoughts that it was gonna be our haven, our home, things didn't turn out as optimistic as they ought to have.

1 long tortorous year went by, and the house was finally completed. It took away a great part of my childhood. I was scarred deeply at that young age. It scared me so much as a young kid, i remembered times when i just wanted to end it all, but seeing how much my beloved mom went through, it held me strong. From there, i started fighting against this battle, to be strong and always will be. I've changed so much from all the incidents that occurred. It took a whole new turn in my life. People always wondered how this little girl could held out for so long, taking in everything that came in her way. However, there were times i broke down. I felt so helpless, so deep in the bottomless pit that i've fallen into.
Ah, looking back now. It was pretty amazing how i managed to survive and not be led astray.
In fact, this whole thing came as a big challenge, changed me to be a much better and stronger whole.

Definitely, being through that amount of shit as compared to others, there are actually people worse off. I feel fortunate to still have a shelter, love and care from loved ones. Come what may, we'll all tide through this together again. No matter how bleak things may be, there will always be a light at the end of the dark tunnel.
It's not the things that we say, it's the things we do.

I love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better after following me in my retail therapy today. =)

jacjac® said...

heh thanks =D