Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Inner thoughts...

About 60,000 thoughts run through our mind each day. How many of these thoughts are positive? and how many are negative? I believe that most of us have more than half the thoughts filled with negative thinkings.
Most of the time, i have doubts about myself. "Can i do this?" "What will happen if i did it?" "Am i able to succeed?" These doubts then hold myself back from what i wanted to do so much.

For the past few months, i don't know why i had the habit to start pouring myself with self-help articles, books, and stories online. Mostly, motivational and inspiring in leading the life i want. Previously, i did not exactly trust the 'power' of such books. I thought it was quite a bunch of crap of telling people who didn't know what they wanted in their life to do.
But presently, i can prove that it's quite wrong. I started seeing the link in these teachings and philosophies to daily life, and realised that they are actually true to some extent.

Remember what i said in some much older posts about waking up to a morning thinking different thoughts? And these thoughts will determine the rest of how your day will be like? Actually this was an essential way to start a day. I did it without knowing that i was actually doing it.

Every morning, i lay subconscious on the bed for the first few minutes, then slowly getting more conscious, i'd stretch myself and feel relaxed and imagine all the sores flowing literally out of my skin. Then i start to picture how my day would be like. I picture all the positive things that'd happen in the day. Surprisingly, it had quite an effect on me.

Past weeks, i realised i have attained quite a bit of inner peace in me. Some of the times in the day, i start to note my heartbeats, breathe in deeply, and relax my mind. My mind doesn't get distracted as easily as it was in the past.
And i've actually been so much calmer as well. I take in things rationally and then react to how my heart wants me to, considering the consequences as well. I think this is how i want myself to continue growing.

People might wonder, don't i ever lose my composure at all? I'm always the calmest. Calm to the point of not feeling at all, i think, ha ha! Well, who knows, my mind is actually in a frantic mess, but i still am able to portray such a calm composure. Haha, not exactly actually. Like i've said, i'm slowly starting to improve the quality of my thoughts and able to sort them out quite well.

Not much secret to all these, i still am my vibrant self with all this peace in me though. I have a lively childish side to me as well. Keke...
Much to finding out more about myself and noting the changes as i grow.

The secret to happiness? To do something you love doing, and put all energy into the doing.

Still on the journey to finding out that...

No comments: