Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Serenity

Sushi has always brought moments of joy in my life since the day she joined our household. She does little things to capture the hearts of my family. These days she has this habit of what my mom noted as "望情郎", or in other words, looking for the love of her life, every single morning. After bouncing off for breakfast just before I get out of bed, she would purr at me when I go out to take breakfast, then she would tag along with me into the room and jump up onto the top of the couch and look out of the window.


The naughty little girl would occasionally turn around to see if my mom and I are done getting ready to leave the house for school. She can simply stay there for long hours staring out the window. There were times when I heard some bangs against the window while I was sleeping and I realised she was trying to jump out to catch those tweety birds out there. Curiosity sure kills the cat, lucky those windows are kept forever closed.

The 2nd day of Promos period, I have Lit and Math left to go. The past 2 days have been spent studying as if there's no tomorrow. Sunday was spent busy cramming a whole year's Physics work. Monday came, and Physics wasn't quite what I would call easy even though I had spent the most time studying hoping to get a good grade, then it was GP till 5p.m.
It was the longest day of my life as I had to rush home to start on Econs which I had barely even touched. Again, another night of cramming a year's work. Burning midnight oil isn't fun at all, the head feels so fuzzy after that and it doesn't recover the next morning.
Today after Econs, I feel so relieved.

Headed back home to catch up on the past days newspapers that I have left untouched because I was simply too busy to engage in any leisure activities. I planned to take a half hour nap to catch up on some sleep but who knows, one nap = 2 hours. Literally felt my whole body shut down and switched off trying to replenish the lost sleep.

Who knows, I woke up to a little princess by the foot of my bed, yet again - deep in sleep.
She's super loyal to me somehow. The only person she sleeps with on the same bed is me. When my mom takes naps in the noons, she would take her own nap at the carpet or somewhere around the curtains, never on the same bed with my mom.

Cute and cuddly, she's still busy sleeping... lucky kiddo! I might as well just change her name to PIG -- always pestering people to bring her to eat and always sleeping when there's nothing else to do.

No comments: