Sunday, December 06, 2009

SCSM 2009

I woke up to a cooling breeze from the early morning and thanked the weather for being extremely nice today. Rah came to pick me up at the last minute and we headed down to esplanade together. It was her first ever run and i'm glad to be able to be part of that experience ;) The sky was cloudy most of the time, the sun didn't even come out until 10plus. The weather was cool and the crowd was amazing. Both rah and I ran from start to finish together and we overtook more than hundreds of runners along the way. It was quite motivating to overtake so many people and imagine the legs in full throttle.

Rah said she saw this runner with the encouragement bib saying "Thanks, I've never overtaken anyone in my life before". We had a good laugh about it after that.
My aim was to complete the run without having to stop at all, and we managed to do it! The first 5km was quite long because they only had the sign from 1k and the next was at 5k. I felt like i was running forever when I saw the 5k sign. After that we went up ECP and took the Rochor exit. The view up on the bridge was awesome. Many runners stopped to take picture with the flyer in the background. The next 5k went by quite fast... before we knew it, we already reached the 7k mark and the road was starting to get more crowded because of the other runners from the male category joining in.
This year's run was smooth sailing for me and the wind was a god's send. I remember the SCSM i did in 2007 weren't as cooling as today's. We headed for breakfast at Qiji in Marina after that before heading home to rest.

It's going to be the architecture workshop tomorrow and the next 2 days. I just realised that it's going to clash with my brother's POP on tuesday and i feel soooo bad. I didn't attend his ceremony thing when he enlisted and now I'm stuck in a dilemma. Sigh...

I've been reflecting a lot on my actions and behaviour recently especially when I'm at home with my mom. I feel a certain kind of stress like I'm always being judged and watched upon. Every little thing I do is being judged by her and i don't feel happy especially at the remarks she make after that. Isn't the home supposed to be a place to wind down...relax and be carefree. Not the case for me... Why trouble me with all these when I'm not even of the age to worry about such things yet. I think what the household really needs is a father/husband figure to lighten the load and stress. I know it's not easy for her... and I'm not better off either. I want to carry that load, but i'm financially incapable and emotionally not ready as well. Life goes on and I only pray it gets better.

No comments: