Monday, June 21, 2010

The Line

I'd been wanting to go The Line at Shangri La ever since I watched buffetlicious on Channel 8. They featured The Line 2 weeks back.

Today, I've finally been there!
It's one of the nicest zen/modern interior with a generous white and a few splashes of orange to complement the white. The service they had was also one of a kind. From the lobby onwards, as usual, they had staff to open the car door etc, then we asked the bell boy where the restaurant was, and usually directions would just be told, but no, he went a step further by leading the way till we arrived at the restaurant. Six stars quality service, nothing less.

At the restaurant itself, the wait staff were efficient and plentiful. Plates were cleared efficiently. They were always on their toes to respond to customers' requests. I was impressed. We stayed till their lunch buffet was closed and I saw the whole team of wait staff gathering for a debrief after that. No wonder their service was so good. Reviews and reviews, refine and reflect on how to serve for a bigger crowd later in the night.

So on to my buffet...
It's always my routine to attack the seafood and sashimi sections, occasional grilled food and to wash the palate down with some good steaming soup.
So as usual, I had generous portions of salmon belly sashimi freshly cut by the chef at the Jap station. Then I had a bowl of herbal chicken soup to prepare the stomach for somemore raw food. Their raw oysters were big, fat, succulent and zesty with lemon and a drip of tobasco sauce. Slurp. Next I had the fresh crab pincers. Ate a total of 5 of that. Super sweet and chunky. Loveeeeeeee it man.
In between those raw food, I had slices of sirloin steak, finely sliced and grilled to medium. Ahh, too bad it was just really ordinary beef slices, nothing fanciful.
Finally to top it off, the dessert station was quite impressive. A whole range of cakes and pastries, with gelato ice cream as well. One thing that I didn't get to order was the crepes. Definitely a pity.

Nothing short to complain of though, it was a good meal. And it only came up to about 35 bucks after loads of discount. Super hua for whatever that went in my stomach. Now I shall stop craving for sashimi so much.

Back to Oranges... after all they are not the only fruit. Lit is on Thurs!

No comments: