Friday, June 18, 2010

The thing about love

You know that's what they all say, don't jump into a relationship too soon, or you'd get thrown right out even before you know it. But hey, look, it's the trend to jump in, find out it's not what you like, jump right out. Maybe do some damage control here and there, and prepare for the next catch. Is that how it's going?

I didn't have any advice on the 'foundation of friendship' thing from anyone. Maybe that's how we all learn right? And some of us just don't learn though. It's the ideal thing be with someone who is and will be your best friend forever. Not the ideal thing to wake up the next morning and go "hiya stranger, whatcha doing in my place?" And start realising that maybe after all, your supposedly other half isn't your other half, it would be someone else's, soon.

That's right. I figured my mistake after quite a while, or rather let me rephrase that, I did see the mistake, I just didn't have the guts to acknowledge it was my mistake. Now it's just making me feel like an ass. Why was I holding on so long for? Silly girl.

The infatuation thing wouldn't bring you very far, say 5 years tops. If you really knew the person and started out as friends, rather than lovers, just maybe, the relationship would have lasted.
But these days, you never know right?

Marriage rate is on the rise, divorce rate is not lagging either.
So who's to say?

The thing about faith is that it can't be seen. It's hard to hold onto something you can't feel.
Yeah, you gotta have faith in that person man, or you gotta have faith that it's gonna work out somehow. But when the waters coming in, your head's barely above the waters, do you say I trust my faith will save me, or do you get the hell outta there and say you're done with it? Maybe common sense could have saved you rather than pure blind faith.
People gotta just accept the harsh reality and move on man. That's how life is, definitely not the most smooth-flowing thing I've known.

Well, I'm packing up my emotional baggage and throwing it out. The bits and pieces are still all over the place. I'll be done clearing it soon enough.

Aside from the trashy rant above based on little experience, am I glad to say that we'll be having 2 cars in the household soon enough! No more car-lessness over the weekends. Tell me why I'm studying so hard again?
Cos' there's so many things waiting for me to be done at the end of the year ;)

When one door closes, many other doors open up, just gotta let go man. Look up, you never know what's coming for you!

Let me do a last rant - one of the many things that get me going, is how some people just haven't found their identity yet, and blatantly copy others, just to fit into the crowd and grab the limelight. It irks me. I was wondering if self-awareness was ever in the dictionary.

No comments: