Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Memories

I remembered the first morning, 3rd January 2005.
It was the 1st day being an official Secondary one student at TKGS.
It was raining heavily. I overslept. I was late for school, for the first day. I could have been booked, but the person who approached me was Mdm Khoo, asking me what class i was from. At that time, i didn't even had any idea what class i was going into. She said "Being the first day of school, and you are new to the school, i shall let you off." I was extremely scared. Being in un unfamiliar surrounding, i had no idea where the classrooms were. Mdm Khoo directed me and told me it was on the second floor on the left, the first classroom. I was sort of trembling, because i seemed so lost and all. Then i walked into the classroom, everyone stared at me like i was some freak, because i knew no one at all!

I remember going to some empty seats left at the front. Smiled at the people around me... they smiled back. Everyone seemed so shy.
During the first few weeks in school, i didn't really got close to anyone yet. And i slowly hated going to school, i dreaded school. I didn't have any friends! That was nearly until the 3rd or 4th month, did i start warming up with everyone. The school was totally different. Maybe i took quite a while to settle down in a new environment. Being in a chinese school for the past six years in Primary School, really made a lot of difference being in an English School right now. Plus, it was an all girls' school. Took some time to settle in, wasn't too used to the quietness and good behaviour of all the girls. Guys would usually be the noisy and more naughty ones.

I totally slacked off during the entire year of Sec 1! I remembered in every class, i wouldn't pay attention at all. And yes, if i did not remember wrongly, i laughed the most in class. I laughed the most, the loudest. I was known to be VERY irritating? and joker at same time. One incident i could never forget. As usual, i'm not the kind of person who really liked trainee teachers, so when we had one. I started being playful. I didn't know i was so daring at that time too. I actually went to open 3 umbrellas in class while she was teaching. It was hilarious! I actually seriously wondered why i was so funny last time. I laughed at everything -.-'' Everything seemed like a joke to me. GOSH! That's so stupid!
Slowly, our class started having cliques and we drifted apart as a class. It was like the different races got together. The Chinese went with chinese, the malays with the other malays etc. We used to snatch for the swing every recess at the void deck! Sec 1s were so fascinated by the swings in the school.
However, now, i hardly ever go to the swing already.
Ah!
The past experiences and all, made me realised we have actually grown a lot, mature physically and most importantly, mentally.
And i regretted not working hard for sec 1!!!! Ahh, slap me please.
Er no, corrections, only i have the priviledge and authority to slap myself.

No comments: