Sunday, September 14, 2008

Can there be miracles?

There can be miracles... when you believe. 
Though hope is frail, it's hard to kill.

I'm officially sixteen years old. It's a new realm for me. There are a couple of activities that i can do openly without worrying about being underage, though i've long gotten used to doing them even before i was 16. 

Everyone thinks about their future. Turning 16 marks a new point in my life. After the O levels, I will have to make a decision that will mould my future. 

I have been thinking a lot about what i want in life. 

Today when i was reading The Sunday Times, I noticed there were a couple of articles relating to the subject love. It is scientifically proven that love is blind. The part of our brain that controls our judgement is switched off completely when a person is in love, especially when sparks are flying. We cannot differentiate the right from wrong nor make any fair judgement about our partner. But sometimes I feel that that part of my brain is not switched off. Does that mean that i'm not in love? Or am I just too logical and rational to be head over heels for a person? 

I see a long way ahead in front of me, and i really cannot predict the future. What lies in store is well hidden from what i can think of. 

I'm anticipating the time when i finish my studies and start working in the society. 
I have so much that i want to achieve in my life.

一个人若不仰望,生活也就失去了意义。


I know the post is a little messy because my thoughts are bits and pieces everywhere. 
Today the Chinese celebrates Mid Autumn festival. I thought of the times when i was much younger, i would wait impatiently for the sky to darken before the kids all bring the paper lanterns out after dinner. We'd take a long walk to the nearby park and play with fire. I wonder why parents weren't against us playing with fire then. Come to think about it, they really have learnt the art of letting us learn by allowing us to fall and pick ourselves up.
Slowly as i got older, i started appreciating the various mooncakes that my mom never fail to bring home each year. Till now, i can still say, i love snowskin mooncakes the best. 

OK, and now Prelims are over. The week zoomed by, I could hardly catch my breath. 
I wonder why I am suddenly suffering from exam anxiety. All the stomachaches that i have to suffer in silence. I've lost the ability to breathe deeply to calm myself. 
I think i also know the reason why, I'm stressing myself a lot because i need to do my best. 
I wish to share my dreams and hopes...

No comments: