Sunday, September 07, 2008

Sweet sixteen!

Before i start off this post, i would like to express my deepest gratitude for each and everyone of you involved in this. 
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I swear I've had the best sixteenth birthday ever in my entire life. It was perfect, except for one thing; i shall talk bout that thing later. 

I feel like i've had the Vic's surprise pre-party thing happening on me, except on a larger scale, and it happened early in the morning. I have never ever ever been treated to such a big surprise before on my birthday. 

The clique descending upon Jac's house which is somewhere on the extreme side of earth and seldom would anyone come here. I was really really shocked you guys came to my house at a really unearthly hour. Deep in my mind i was thinking "Aiya, i live so far. Who wants to come here!!! =( "
At 8a.m on a Friday morning! It was raining. Imagine the birthday girl still sleeping snugly in bed and 8 people woke up before the sunrise to prepare for the surprise! I'm very very touched you guys had to brave the rain and cold to travel all the way to an alien planet somewhere off the earth. 
Lighting up the candles on the cake. Note: all these happened while i was still in bed oblivious to what was going to unfold.

Someone must have opened the door for you guys. I can't believe that being a light sleeper i didn't even hear ANYTHING. The moment my eyes fluttered open and my vision blurred, i saw a MOB of people SURROUNDING MY ENTIRE BED. BALLOONS EVERYWHERE and my stomach flipped. My heart skipped a beat. I forced my eyes to open, but the sight was too overwhelming. 

Happy birthday to youuuu!
Happy birthday to youuu!
Happy birthday to Jacccc!
Happy birthday to you!

I shut my eyes taking everything in. It was too fast for my mind to absorb what was happening. I only knew my heart beat started escalating rapidly and I saw the lit birthday cake on my right. xD I started feeling cold and clammy from the sudden shock. I swear. If I was any old lady, i could have died from a heart attack. 

Presents from everyone : 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The bouquet of balloons! =D

Photobucket

Cake-cutting time! Lovely tasting strawberry shortcake. This is something very different from all the years of the birthday cakes i've cut. 

Photobucket

After all that, Tan and Pam parted without taking a group photo together! =( It was all my fault.

The remaining people, Ruby, Mel, Nel, Wayne and I went to cathay to catch a movie. Belle and Elaina certainly had good reasons to pangseh us! We went Aston's before the movie.

This is my first taste of the beef heaven. 
Photobucket
After eating wagyu, no other ordinary steaks would be up to standard, i promise you.
Photobucket
The price that you pay $38.90 for a Wagyu Grade 5/6 Ribeye is way affordable because it is easily twice the amount at any steak restaurants. ;)

Now, the thing that made my birthday not perfect was the movie.

Photobucket

Please DO NOT watch this movie even if you have no other movies to watch.
I can sum the movie up in a line :
All about phone ringing and a car going on the road from the countryside to the city.

It was ultimately the most boring-est ever movie i've watched. 
1)Wayne fell asleep 5 minutes into the movie.
2)Chanel and Ruby fell asleep soon after.
3)I had to shake Mel's hand(okay, i admit, it was more like spasms) continously whenever the phone started ringing so as to keep myself awake and not get too restless.

After the movie ended, we went our separate ways. Mel left for church, while Rubz went Nel's house to study.

Wayne and i went to the soup spoon! HA Elaina and Vic! =P
I had tokyo chicken stew.
Photobucket
It was lovely, as usual.

After that, we went to Excelsior SC to get my birthday present from him. 
Photobucket
I've been wanting an acoustic guitar since 2 years back. It's like a dream came true. 
My next wish would be an amp. xD

After the sun had set, we headed back to his house for him to change into more appropriate attire for some fine dining at Duxton Hill. 

Photobucket

I wanted to take the exterior of the restaurant, but there were many diners mostly caucasians alfresco-dining so i was a bit paiseh to snap a picture.

The restaurant has a romantic ambience except for the noise level. Mostly expats dine there. The price is a bit on the high side. Expect to pay about 70 per person for a complete meal includes appetitiser, main course, dessert and drinks.

Photobucket

That's a wildmushroom lasagne, you don't normally find it anywhere.

Photobucket

And this baby roasted chicken almost tasted as soft as fish. 

The food comes in really small portion for a really high price though i must say the dishes are uniquely crafted.

Photobucket
The left is Rose and the right is Sauvignon Blanc. I even called Vic to ask her how to pronounce Sauvignon Blanc. Then i told Wayne "Lucky i'm not a guy, have to order the food, and when you don't know how to pronounce, you malu yourself. The girl just sit there and laugh at you." xD

Photobucket

I thought this was really sweet~! 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

My love for you guys are beyond words and I really had a blast for my 16th birthday. I feel like the luckiest and most pampered girl on earth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the pic where you were holding the ballons. so nice

Victoria said...

Omg I REMEMBER YOUR TEXT.

On SMS-

Jac: How do you pronounce Sauvignon Blanc?

Vic (i was in the middle of watching the Novak-Roddick replay): How am i suppose to pronounce it for you on text?

My phone rang.

Jac: Obviously i expected you to call and tell me right!

HAHAHAHAHA.