Monday, September 21, 2009

The never ending race with technology

2 weeks back, my enlisting-into-NS brother got an iphone just 2 days before he entered Tekong. My mom, him and me were just shopping for his NS necessities and suddenly we just decided to drop by Starhub and Singtel, before my brother decided he wanted the iphone and we got it on the spot at Singtel without even a day's consideration! Talk about getting things done fast man...

Today, after mom's and my facial appointment (which we had to take a cab down because the army boy decided to use the car for more than 24 hours and decided not to return it for our usage), we had crepes for lunch at Out Of The Pan at raffles city. I wanted to go fairmont for some snow skin mooncakes after that, but realise time was running out cos' i had tuition at 5 back home. Called the army boy again, and this time he's loitering around at Hort Park still refusing to let us use the car, so both my mom and me took the train without buying my snow skin mooncakes!
It's amazing how my mom has never used the public transport system for 20 years and never complimented how much it has changed from the past, only thing she kept going on about was how expensive the bus fares were when we took bus home after that.
So, the tutor called 3 minutes before the time tuition was supposed to start and happily cancelled the class. How responsible.
Luckily we were still at Tamp mall, so decided to get new phones cos' the contracts have all ended quite some time back.

The new baby i'm going to be having with me almost 24/7 for the next 2 years... seriously after all these years, the hype and excitement about getting new things is decreasing drastically maybe cos' i don't really hope for many things to begin with. One thing's that amazing about this is that they finally have a headphone jack. I can plug my own earpiece without connecting all the maze of wires that always come with SE's headpiece.

My mom on the otherhand got a Samsung Omnia II. How times have changed huh. Even the youthful me is struggling with operating the phone... imagine my mom using it! I still like the homely feeling Sony Ericsson's interface gives me. Touch-screen phones are a no-no.

I've been craving snow skin mooncakes this year... unlike every other year. Luckily, we managed to get another box of assorted ones from Bakerzin AGAIN. Wah... my indulgence! I've been snacking on one on a daily basis since the previous box. It's like an addiction. And... i still want to try Fairmont's snowskin mooncakes! :(

The only thing i can't ignore is food cravings... can you even imagine the state i'll be in when i'm actually pregnant? I'll have a chef in the kitchen that is fully stocked with international food whipping up my whims and fancies every hour or so.

No comments: