Wednesday, December 23, 2009

TJCCC Chalet

As i sat on the train back towards home, I tuned in to some piano & sax pieces as my mind took a break from the excitement. The previous day had been a lot of noise, fun, joy and laughter. Barely 3 hours of shut-eye(not even a nap) in the morning at 8am till 11am from staying up the whole night left my mind in a daze. I'm surprised I'm able to sit here and type this after I've settled down at home.

I can't remember the last time I stayed up through the whole night chatting till the sun rose. Probably during this year's Climbing Camp in school, but that wasn't the whole night. At least we managed to watch the clouds took onto different forms and the sunrise! This morning, really unfortunately we didn't manage to catch the sunrise cos' we were facing the wrong direction. But nevertheless, it was nice listening to the waves crash against the shore through the night till dawn while engaged in various conversations.

My bookworm habit suddenly started bugging me and I am now reading an e-book Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything by Steven Levitt and The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference by Malcolm Gladwell. I have this strong love for books, whenever I see books especially new ones, and I smell it, i get excited in the sense that I can't wait to uncover its content. If only I had a personal library at home, that would be so amazing. No school, nothing. Just spend my days reading and reading....

It's so easy how fickle-minded I am. Just a couple of days back, I made up my mind that Avatar was a lame show because of the blue figure thing that looked so fantastical, and I'm never into fantasy stuffs. Then, Philip tipped the balance by saying how it was a damn good movie and everyone should catch it. Who knew, the really lethargic Rah and I just bought tickets at Vivo and caught it right after our lunch. I power-napped at the advertisement and trailers and stayed wide awake through the movie while Rah the ass was busy dozing off and messaging. It was really nice. I think both of us teared at a certain portion together.

Expect nothing and be surprised by how much there is in store; Over-expect and end up in disappointment. With this character of mine, it's always the latter for me. Damn...

No comments: