Saturday, December 19, 2009

X'mas incoming

The holidays are coming close to an end, with all my activities finally coming to a slow down. The past weeks i have been running to and fro from mass dance practices to going back to office, then training and going back to working again. It's not been very productive going to work half way like that, but nevertheless, at least i'm not wasting a single bit of my time at all during the holidays. Like Xiao Wee mentioned, it's like you have not enough time to work properly, yet too much time to slack at home. Glad to be me in that case.

Well, in school, I finally learned the dances properly, except for Jai Ho which i'm totally clueless about, but heck it. I'm sure I can get it in a day. I can't wait for orientation to really begin and see how the whole school gets flooded with freshies looking lost. Because it makes me feel all the more better that I finally settled down and feel much closer to home at TJ.

I've seen my climbing improve after each training since the return from Batu Caves. Thanks to constant pushing from the guys and Mr. Kao, I step out of my comfort zone and start going for things I never thought I could do. Seen myself complete Overhang yellow rather easily now, and I've finally completed babyroof yellow on second attempt with a single hang as well! I tried the black overhang but came down after going up 2 panels. This would be my next project.
Today was THE day. Finally got about to climbing the mega roof! I need to grow some balls man. Not exactly the best of my ability yet, I could have done way better than that. Just because of one word: HUMJI!!!
Not that I have any ji to hum in the first place... hahaha.
I wonder if I'll still go about trying to complete that...not my priority. Mega is a guy's ego thing. I don't need that much ego. HAHA. I wonder how many guys would come after me for saying that...

Yesterday was the company's Christmas celebration at Kallang Leisure Park. We organised a bowling event at Kallang Bowl. It's not fun bowling after a climbing session because the finger joints are all swollen and it hurts so much more when you stick it into the holes of the round oily bowling ball. Adults don't really know how to enjoy themselves. I think if I had a bunch of teens playing they would definitely have the place down in no time and have the time of their lives. All of those face and reputation and pride that they hang onto so tightly, how to have fun like that? Sigh...
I prefer last year's when we held it at Kbox, the food was slightly better and at least both Chanel and I had a ball of time singing. Nonetheless! Chanel still enjoyed herself rather thoroughly because she won the best female bowler award and their team walked away with the highest score. So glad to have her around in the office with me, she's one of the people who are great social connectors. ;)

Climbing and mass dance have all finally come to an end. I can work in peace now... maybe not... cos we have the CHALET on 22nd! I've been a busy little bee this holiday season. I wonder how I'm going to countdown to 2010 this year.

No comments: