Saturday, January 02, 2010

2010

To kickstart this fabulous year, the year that will either make it or break it... I've packed all my notes and filed them for future references. As I looked around the house searching for those arch files... I came across this thick folder of qualifications and other important documents of my mom's. I flipped through and guess what I saw -- her O level results! When i told her about it and took mine out to compare with hers, I was busy mocking her and she kept looking away and ignoring me while saying "我的尊严全部没了". According to her, this was supposed to be some secret that I wasn't supposed to know. Apparently she did amazingly well with the Cs and Ds in grades. She said if I knew how badly she fared back then, I wouldn't study so hard and let myself take the easy way out. But of course that wouldn't be the case.

Oh btw, as you're reading this, take a moment to lift your keyboard upside down and give it a few good shakes. Be surprised at the amount of shit falling out.

I've made loads of mental notes to start studying and not procrastinate. It's always this raring to go study feeling at the start of the year... which always die down when school kicks in few weeks later.
I've not made much big resolutions for this year because of the looming A levels.
The goals are simple and straight forward and easy to guess as well -- straight As. It's easy to say... but I know it's going to take more than just pure determination.
Applies to climbing as well... I want to see the year of 2010 with 2 major breakthroughs - one with my studies, and the second with climbing.

Easy enough for me to keep sight of the big picture... Little distractions will work the magic.

I'm really excited about the upcoming Bouldermania. The last competition seemed so longgggggg ago man. I'm currently reading Have A Little Faith by Mitch Albom. Hopefully it gives me that additional edge to trust my present climbing abilities and push it further.

New year's countdown at Calvin's place yesterday was a night of crazy fun. Lucky for those few who stayed late enough to see my amazing singing abilities. Remade on spot the lyrics of Hotel California and we were all laughing till we were out of breath. With the alcoholic freak around, we had some hard liquor. She's mad because she stood at the glass door at the den and started blowing her breath and fogging the glass to draw a smiley face at me. The silly things that people do when they are high. :P Marcus had a shot too much and he was flushed out with his head burning. And i thought guys had more enzymes than girls to break down the alcohol before it gets absorbed into the bloodstream. Well at least he composed a song on the guitar when he was high in that moment.

The highlight of the night was when Marcus and I took a cab back...
I went in the cab and (note that it's quite dark in the cab) said to the uncle...
Me: Uncle, 两个地方...
Taxi driver: Er hello, yes?
Me: *hit me in the face that the driver was an Indian* Shit.. uncle, 2 places ah...
Marcus: *trying to stifle his stupid laughter so hard and rocking back and forth like he had fits or something*
Taxi driver: Eh, what's so funny man? Share the joke la.
Marcus: *still laughing* No la... nothing...
Taxi driver: It's ok la... a lot of people thought I'm chinese also. Hahaha...

Wah i super paiseh okay. I kept a super serious and straight face like I wasn't amused at all and he finally stopped laughing... what a night.


The bigger resolutions I have for the year ahead...
"I'd ask for all the hate to be swept away,
For love to overflow
For peace to mend this world
End all the bitterness and
Put some tenderness in our hearts..."

No comments: