Sunday, January 17, 2010

Mental activity

Bouldermania 2010 is over with amazing results! Rah bags the top place for Novice Women, followed by me finishing in 4th, Ash in 6th, and Val in 11th. It's a pity for Val because she could have been together with Rah. Aside with the could haves, i'm sure it was a good learning point for all of us. We all committed some mistakes here and there, and this is the time where we remember how it had cost some of us. I'm sure those mistakes will never be made again in future competitions, especially Ahmed's complacency. I'm equally proud of the guys as well because the novice men's routes were definitely of way higher standard comparing relative to the guys. Chris's first comp and he finished as top 5. Heartfelt congratulations to all climbers of TJCCC, each of you have fought hard to be at Bouldermania. We are already winners in all our ways.

I woke up at 830am today... considering it's a Sunday, it's definitely one of my earliest. With a never exhaustive to-do list running in my head, I got up pretty energetic to want to start my day off early. Had a good oats breakfast while reading the Sunday papers. Everytime I flip to the Property section, my mind never fail to imagine the possibilities of being able to own one. Thinking of those Good-Class Bungalows make my nerves tingle, especially when they report that more and more late 30s rather than mid 40s are purchasing these land with a lot of potential as good investments. Well, it motivated me to start doing my homework, at least.

Off i went at 12p.m doing up essay plans and reading all those information to substantiate the plans... who knew how time ticked by. I've done 8 essay plans for the whole noon to evening and am still not done. Why do these things take up so much time huh? But I've read up a lot so I guess it adds to the general knowledge. I was just telling Guan Hong how i wished I could just be better off reading the whole day rather than doing homework but this GP homework ain't so bad. At least I did read the whole day... and my eyes are so tired. The brain is fuzzy already. Physical activity ain't that draining. Mental work takes a toll on the body... it's no wonder that it's those professionals who use brain work that earn much more than hard labourers.
I haven't had the luxury of time this weekend to catch up on my past week's lessons and what's worse is that I actually plan to go for Yoga on the weekends.

I really need better time management... or perhaps... lesser work to do.

No comments: