Monday, January 18, 2010

Taming of the Shrew

Tell me again why I'm always in this love-hate relationship with Shakespeare's works. I simply can't comprehend the Elizabethan language, yet appreciate the value of his works after reading the critical analysis. Is this how Lit is supposed to be? Knowing but not knowing. It's almost similar to philosophy. There's just too many ways of interpretation and that i guess, is the essence of art.

It feels good to be on par with the J2 workload right now. I've never felt so enlightened in tutorials, especially physics. It's really an improvement, and it all starts with the attitude. I'm glad I've changed for the better.

Only at the age of 18 have I realised the importance of looking back with no regrets, and i trust myself that it's not too late. Some have reached 40 without knowing how much idling they have been doing for the past 30 years. I don't want to look back at my A levels and go like "I could have done better", because nothing will ever change that after it's over.
Dying to go overseas with a scholarship, away from this highly inflexible education system in Singapore. i.e. I still don't see the point in having Econs lectures when the lecturer merely flashes a thousand words on the screen that mirrors every word in the lecture notes and worse, reading word for word on the screen.
It's no wonder so many students' minds shut down after a while, there's simply no brain stimulation in hearing a dull droning in the background.
I wonder when there will be a revamp of this whole system of teaching, and from the way I see it, our generation will continue this robotic way of learning.

It's this kind of education that forces you to accept what is given. We have been force-fed so much that we can hardly decipher truth from lies.
I want to be liberated! But the question is... Can I?

No comments: