Saturday, January 23, 2010

Training

Climbing isn't all about physical strength and endurance, I have embarked upon a self-discovery of mental strength as well. Each training is a test of will power alongside the physical strength. I feel a great sense of accomplishment week after week, especially right after a hard climb when the breathing goes right deep into the soul followed by a massive exhale with all the fatigue flowing out.

Today is one of those special days where I feel really motivated to break my limits.
I think a lot of people only feel very good when they manage to complete the climb, but I'm more than satisfied when my sequence and technique on each and every move allow me to reach for the next hold, just the next hold. With that in mind, I just keep going and pushing the limits.

Till date, I still haven't found a sport as accomplishing as climbing. It's like a nutritious diet for the body and soul.

Of course, I'm not a god... my body is yelling for a good rub-down from this whole week of strenuous training. Any takers?

No comments: