Thursday, January 21, 2010

Frolicking

The champion of Novice Women for Bouldermania a.k.a Rah had 5 frolick vouchers and she decided -- no wait, more like Calvin asked for it and she agreed -- to treat us with 1 voucher! Ok la hor, we not very greedy right? :P
Then after frolicking around at Frolick, we decided to head to Teadot to start our studying. Calvin, being the man of all men, decided to treat us girls this time.
Tell me am I blessed or am i blessed?

Yesterday's bouldering session made me went through an experience I never want to allow my mind go through again. It was supposed to be an especially harder training session for us, with further holds and more difficulty. The first route that Philip set, I fell repeatedly at the first hand hold. After managing to get past that stage, I couldn't get past to complete the last 1/4 of the route. Then he came along and set a 2nd route, this time it was the last handhold which was so near yet so far. The frustration started compounding and I felt like punching something, anything. I've never felt that way before, especially venting my anger through violence. I was shocked at myself anyway for feeling like that, yet I can't help feeling so lousy. It's a sucky feeling and seriously it was so demoralising. It's so hard to keep telling the mind that it's okay when the mind says you can do it and physically you're not doing it. Finally the 3rd route, more of a morale booster, managed to complete on 2nd try, and the first time i tried, my sequence was alright as well.

I finally understand how frustrating it feels when you just can't seem to get it!!! And the bad feelings all just come flowing through like an open dam. Damnnnnn.

No comments: