Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Loaded with knowledge

As I sat in the library reading the information booklet of NUS, I realised there is a much bigger world in University than what there is in store at A levels. The myriad of options and flexibility to choose the modules at your own pace is seemingly very appealing. I wonder if the modular system will work better for me. Looking beyond degree programmes, there are double degree and concurrent degree programmes as well. Tell me, why are there so many choices? I am slightingly entertaining the thought of pursuing an academic career.

Everyday I feel like a bullet train shooting back and forth from present to future and back again. It has helped me greatly in keeping the bigger picture in mind and working step by step daily to achieving it. Trust me, procrastination is the inner devil. It just has to spoil everything. When you want to study, you don't have time; when you have time on your hands, you just want to relax and take a break.

With the MCTs looming in 2 weeks, I haven't started my revision at all. I'm just struggling to catch up with daily work and this is terrifying. But I'm glad my head is still above the waters for the current syllabus.

I am suddenly very aware of the strong competition amongst the A level students fighting for a place in the local unis with the release of the A level results. I'm afraid yet excited to see how I will fare... Sheer determination sometimes isn't just the only factor.
Climbing has taught me to hang on in those hardest moments, and to keep expectations realistic.

PW results will be the showing of the tip of the iceberg.

And I will be embracing Boulderactive with open arms this friday, just the mere thought keeps my nerves tingle.

No comments: