Sunday, March 07, 2010

Gravical 2010

It has been a helluva week, with seven out of ten girls making into the Novice Women finals, and Clement making into the Inter Men finals! I am amazed beyond words how far we have come as a team after a year of training.

You just can't deny that there are too many good lookers in the club eh? Climbers with the smooth bod and just-right shade of tan. Heh heh heh...

I am so thankful for having the past few climbing experiences that have let me accustomed my nerves accordingly. I'm starting to feel less and less stressed out and it's a really good to be able to allow my body experience a soothing sensation with a bit of sparks flying off for that short bursts of energy needed.

The state of mind is really important especially when it comes to solving and planning the problem within 30 seconds just before an attempt. I'm learning to master it but still not quite there yet. Every comp allows me to improve just that little bit and i'm more than thankful for all these opportunities. Netball previously didn't give such chances to allow the mind and body to work as one. Well I guess every sport has different ways to cope with, and I'm enjoying every moment I have touching the rough wall, getting scraped while working hard at the route, and reflecting on the fluidity of the smooths executed.

I'm reminded once again of how I've made one of the best decisions in TJ to join climbing.

And one of my biggest dreams is to climb on those cliffs by the sea...

with a special one.

No comments: