Monday, May 31, 2010

Pumpfest 2010

Pumpfest 2010 marks the end of our climbing journey in TJCCC 09/10. I really enjoyed myself both as a competitor and spectator. NTU has done a really good job in organising this year's comp. The location was good, the crowd was good, the schedule ran smoothly, and last but not least, I respect the organisers for pulling this off so perfectly(at least to me it was rather flawless). After having organised for climb X, I totally take my hat off to them.

The Inter Women qualifiers round was exceptionally hard to me. It only goes to show how much more I have to learn. I didn't even feel pump at all because I couldn't even do the route. I look forward to resuming my climbing training after A levels amongst many other things on my to-do list!

After 3 rounds of bouldering (Gravical, Boulderactive & Pumpfest), we have emerged as the champion for the JC Bouldering League. I am so proud of us man. Amazing feat, amazing climbers. 10 years down, I will still remember this very moment of how we have transformed from nothing to climbers. This is one of the greatest achievements I have attained as a team. It puts a smile on my face just the mere thought of how we have so much talent in all of us. I think we all lived up to the school's motto "Passion, Purpose, Drive".

It was climbing that allowed me to see the fierce driven side of everyone, especially during competitions. The determination to finish something that we have started with; it's leaving me wanting for more.

Today as I was watching the finals for all categories, I have seen a plethora of climbing styles amidst all these local and international climbers, and the ones that stand out for me, has reinforced my previous stance on the importance of grace and fluidity during the execution of various climbing moves.
I have this sudden urge to want to go back to skating, go back to slaloming; to experience this grace all over again.

My first and only freestyle skates still sit in the cupboard rotting away. I realised I have this ability to take care of things really well. My skates has already lasted me for the 4th year and counting. Similarly for my climbing shoes, my first and only pair's still working fine. I wonder how long it can last me. My Asics has seen me through 2x 10km stanchart marathons, Temasek Titans, 4 years of NAPFA, and netball trainings in the past.

I am able to handle my possessions with such tender loving care, but when it comes to inter-personal relationships, I really fail at it.

No comments: