Friday, June 25, 2010

Binge eating

I have figured why people always put food in their mouths in short intervals of time, especially when they are devoting a huge amount of attention to concentrating on a task. I have been quite aware of myself going to the fridge just to open it hoping that some food will magically appear in between the studying that I do. And during these breaks, I am just popping things into my mouth even though I'm not very hungry. It's just something to entertain the jaw muscles while the brain muscles take a backseat.

I guess it occurs in many people's subconscious mind as well.
Have you realised that you are eating more than you usually do especially during holidays when you spend large amounts of time focusing on something? It's so bad for health, especially when we are such lazy couch potatoes who refuse to go for a jog or something without the compulsory PE.

Another realisation that dawned on me as well - people hold their breaths when the car is on the move, until it stops at a traffic light, they remain quite tense. Unbelievable? Be more aware of your breathing when you are sitting in the car the next time! I have actually been observing this for quite a while, especially in the morning when my mom and I speed ourselves to get me to school on time. Both of us subconsciously let out our held in breaths when we come to a red light. It's quite funny actually.

The Empress Dowager is showing all symptoms of old age. Nagging, paranoia, anxiety, easily irritable, infused with her natural short temper, it's quite annoying to my ears. I can practically play a recording of the things she can say. It's always the same on repeat. Blah blah blah.
I actually think it's quite self-fulfilling in the way she keeps repeating them, it reinforces on her thinking and mindset and she goes on and on with the evil cycle. And I'm the poor 3rd party suffering from all these negative spillover effects. I am basically quite a tolerant person, but my fuse is pretty short with her around. Please enlighten me on how not to get so easily annoyed. It's almost like a reflex action of me going into the defense mode when she goes into her attack mode. Fail. Eh, I'm seriously thinking of getting her to seek counselling to cure her pessimism. In my futile attempts to get her to read more widely to widen her perspective on many things, she hates reading. Ah well.

No comments: