Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dreams

I had 2 scary dreams within a 2 hour nap. Both kept my heartbeat furiously pumping away when I was shaken awake by the realness of the dream. The first I was walking on a narrow path, like the one featured in X-men, a huge empty dome, just a longgggggg straight path to a small circle with the computer. Initially there were railings, then suddenly they all disappeared. Someone pushed me, I woke up just as I started falling.

And I have no memory of the second. And behind all the racket my mom was creating with phone calls coming in every 5 minute, I was surprised at being able to fall into a deep sleep.

I'm impressed with how well my mom handles her finances.
Don't buy don't buy, want to buy, suddenly buy 2 cars.
She really wants us to grow up knowing how to handle our finances, telling us every process, and even when my bro approached my dad to be partly responsible for his car, my mom told us after talking to him that he's still the same old same. Selfish, money-minded lonely old man. Sigh.
After 3 whole years, imagine how much he could have saved without having to trouble over the household bills, the kids, the house loan etc. After the divorce, paid off in full for a flat he bought for himself. With no debts, no nothing, it's so difficult for a son to get a sum from his dad.
What's Father's Day? I don't know. Maybe Father's Day is due when the kids/wife would stop pestering him for money. Maybe because he thinks it's not his responsibility anymore. Maybe he thought after a divorce, the kids are not his kids anymore. Maybe he wasn't even mentally prepared to settle down to start a family. Perhaps a single life would suit him better. But men will always be men, the temptations are hard to resist.
I don't understand how come there are such fathers in this world.
The emotional attachment has weaned off to a mere nothing already.

We should have parenting 101 for the students nowadays. In better preparation for a stable marriage life, to reduce the divorce rates, to push up the birth rates - it starts from the young.

No comments: