Monday, September 06, 2010

Sweet 18th

I don't know what I've did in my previous life to deserve my current blessed life.

Ever since I've lost things close to my heart, I really learnt to treasure everything and everyone around me over the past year. It's been a good one year of singlehood now. Despite my sudden cravings for a hug sometimes, being single has forced me to open my eyes and mind and take in all the beautiful things that I have taken for granted while being in a relationship. I really treasure my friends around me so much more and appreciate each one of you for who you are. Always reminding myself that everyone is unique and special and that I would reserve my judgement until I really know each friend well before passing off a comment. It has made me more sensitive as a person.

Turning 18 marks the start of the journey of adulthood. There wouldn't be much more new 'keys' to claim anymore besides the 21 mark since I've already enjoyed my fair share of freedom over these years.

In contrast to my previous post on the 4th Sept, I already brainwashed myself to have zero expectations on my actual birthday. I merely wanted a subtle 18th birthday, celebrated with loved ones, people close to my heart. And suddenly, a boring Sunday, that I thought would just be another Sunday, turned out to be so different and special.

Climbers, classmates, the clique. How much more could I ever ask for?
Behind the 2 big surprises are 2 people I have so much to say, and so much to thank for - for pulling the friends around me together to contribute to the surprise.

First it was Guan Hong(my mother of hongsters), I've never had someone as 痴情 as you, to have stalked my blog and all its archives, observing everything that I've said and remembering them, then you continued stalking my facebook and its photos that were more than 4 years worth of memories. It's amazing how you sifted through 1000+ photos. And then, not enough, my close friends and everything that I liked, you knew it right at the back of your hand. I don't know how I can ever make up to you for not being as good a friend as you have been to me. You really teach me a lot even though you say you learn more from me. I can never attain that level of devotion you have for each of your friends around you. Sometimes, it's good to take a break and let someone love you. When will you let me do that and stop being the mother? :)

Next, is the crazy fat bunny bounce Tan Chanel. I think everyone around me know I have this branded friend as my closest friend ever. It's been a crazy journey that we've been together. Feels like we're all kids who have had childish mindless fun and now all grown up to be thinking of alcohol whenever we say "chill". It's like you're my sister whom I've had since young. You know me inside out, upside down. You know my mother, you know my brother, you know my father, you know my uncle, you know my cousins, you know my mom's colleagues, and you have my mom's colleagues as your godmas. Oh gosh... You're really a part of my life. At times I think you make a better daughter than me for my mom because you are so much more caring and loving despite your hard-strong mindedness about things in general. Like you said, I've known you for 6 years, a bloody one third of my life. Imagine all these years and the nonsense that came with it. The only way I can express my gratitude to you is through my declarations of love that you so gladly push them aside as "mad". Nonetheless, I appreciate you so much for being there for me especially in this year, with so much drama, and at all my lowest points in life. Your ahma has gladly become my ah-ma too. I'm contented with a single wish you have for me, that is to
18) BE THE HAPPIEST GIRL IN THE WWW.
You are the ones who have brought all my friends together to celebrate this very special day for me.

GH! Pumps my adrenaline to know how you went to great lengths to bring our classmates & my climbers & a failed attempt at the clique, together.

We actually have quite a drama class put together. I've particularly gotten closer to some of you this year, it must have been fate. The crazy times and jokes that we share, as mindless as it is, they have light up the days in my life. School has already become a second home, one where I spend so much time in, and to have you guys, especially Zac and Xiao Wee, always being guys and being as easy-going and non-judgemental, I am forever grateful for making my school days so juvenile and memorable. It reminds me to be young and reckless, to forget about responsibilities and just be a teenager, like everybody else. To Jeslyn the princess, we have this bond that I cannot explain, it just allows me to be there with you, and we share a mutual understanding without speaking much about our thoughts at all. One of the most genuine and sincere person I know, who isn't afraid to be paiseh at all in front of me, I am so glad to have grown closer to you this year.

The climbers have been an amazing part of my life. The moments where we sweat and shared everything - blood & tears, each of you have reminded me of how blissful I am despite our differences. All the verbal and physical encouragement we have for each other, be it in competition and training-wise, we wouldn't have left a legacy if not for the support from each other. Remembering my birthday has been more than enough for me, because I haven't been a very good friend in remembering each of your birthdays. I am thankful.

PTRC has been a big part of my crazy TKGS and post-TKGS life. We have been meeting quite a lot recently, catching up with each other. Like what Nel told me, about our lives putting together would create a good soppy drama. There is so much that we have shared that I can't find words to express them. They are all mere understatements to whatever I can come up with. I don't know who to thank for having such amazing friends, because I feel like I least deserve all these showering of love from you guys. Deep in my heart, it has moved me greatly. The stone-hearted Jac, has quite a soft heart, after all.

2 surprises, in 1 single day.
18 years of growing up has too many memories that I keep close to heart.
Thank you for being a part of it, yes you.


"It's hard for me... to say the things I want to say sometimes. All I've got to give to you, these 5 words...

Thank you, for loving me

No comments: