Thursday, January 20, 2011

2011

I've skipped this whole blog while sailing through into the new year. No new year resolutions, nothing at all. All because of work commitments and its mad working hours, plus having a workaholic mom in the office helps in the least bit because when I'm done with my work, I have to wait for her to be done. And when everyone's done more or less, it'll be way past midnight. My record for working is fourteen hours straight for lunch and dinner break only.

It's coming close to 2 months since I've started working. It's incredible how I have convinced myself to start earning money when I have barely finished my As. I started 2 weeks after As. Good job. Now that I've jumped in, I can't seem to find the way out. The reluctance to quit and bum around doing nothing. But then again, that would mean I have time to climb and skate. Looking at Gravical pictures and the results tempt me so much I wished I could just put everything down at work and say heck it let's climb for months and start training and getting back into shape and go Chiang Mai with the climbers. Why why why! I'm the kind of person who gets homesick really easily, especially when I'm overseas, and that includes being on a holiday. However, during the Batu Caves trip, I felt like a week was much too short and it went by all too fast.

When will I start climbing? I've been asking myself man.

And yoga. The membership is wasting itself. I need to get a life right? Working is equally valuable to me as well.

These 2 months working have opened my perspectives and thinking. Being 18 sure is a different thing. Not that I have tried clubbing as yet, I'm already quite turned off by it. You see, when it no longer becomes a privilege, it's just as normal as taking a stroll in the park. Smoking, clubbing, sex? All the vices? They are just regular things that are discussed without much thought. I don't deny that I've seen quite a bit, but it still doesn't change much of me.

I still enjoy being naive. And I still enjoy adults referring me as xiao mei mei.

It's another phase of life when the results are out and when University life starts.

I can't wait.

No comments: