Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Datelines

There's a reason why deadlines are spelt like that instead of datelines right? Hahaha.

I've been so busy again recently. It's like PW submission deadline happening but a prolonged process. Fluttering around everywhere, multi-tasking like crazy and basically just going crazy till the point where I couldn't stand the photocopying machine's slowness(which technically is quite fast).

Everything has been about speed, accuracy and precision. I have mastered the art of pressing the calculator like a skilled accountant. I have learned the trade of dominating the workplace and giving instructions. Ha. It's funny how I was instructing my direct supervisor to do things on my behalf. And I am concerned with completing tasks right away. If I don't go crazy soon, I think people in the office would think I'm a mad dog rushing and rushing every day. Meeting projects DEADlines after DEADlines.

Good stressing experience right? Having calls every hour or so, chasing and chasing and chasing.

Now I have settled down with all the deadlines, it's time to start calling people to chase them for quotes.

Vicious cycle.

I'm just wondering when I will start getting sick of being so stressed up. And I simply love it so much and i'm not even being sarcastic, but when it's so crucially stressful, I am forever calm and telling them to stop hopping around like a ticking time bomb. Okay now I'm starting to sound a bit crazy. I am amazed at how I remain absolutely calm except that people may notice through my actions being twice or thrice faster when I'm actually stressed. Okay, I shall stop being narcissistic.

No comments: