Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Too soon

Guess I couldn't resist the urge to pen down some thoughts till the results from NUS come out. I thought I have seen quite a bit of the ugly side of human, but last night marks a new milestone for me. Snatching for the bill right out of the waitress's hands was polite enough, then the tug of war ensued between 2 parties right in front of the waitress. While I silently watch on, I secretly and invisibly buried my entire body deep into the earth below. How could I have just dined with people like that? And just before that, one party apparently poured beverage for its own consumption, and upon realising it wasn't what it had ordered, proceeded to question the wait staff, then pour it away into the cup that the staff was clearing. How polite and graceful.

I thought there were more etiquette to this world than it is. I guess it takes some getting used to, I just can't believe I have to be associated with such people who put on such disgusting behaviour. It irks me so much, I felt downright embarrassed and sorry both for myself and the disgraceful persons involved.

Why do adults behave like that?

And then, there's also the self-centredness that gladly radiates around in my household. Blatantly just obtaining whatever there is for fulfilling its own desires. Sigh. I really didn't know people like these exist in such a modern century. I would so volunteer to help and assist to the best of my ability, but such things just turn me off completely and I still have to do it because of obligations.

You know, Oscar Wilde sure did sum it up best.

Relations are simply a tedious pack of people who haven't got the remotest knowledge of how to live, nor the smallest instinct about when to die.

And I foresee there's gonna be so much more of such awful situations awaiting to be uncovered in the very near future. I wished I could save myself.

No comments: