Thursday, September 15, 2011

What do I make out of that?

Today I was so affected by the effects of herd mentality and insensitivity. Many times, I wonder if I am really that different from others, that I can feel and see so much more. Although not an emotional person, I can understand and grasp many situations easily. Sometimes in a social setting, people tend to exhibit the 'group' behaviour, where everybody tries to blend in their characters with the dynamics of the group to fit in. I stay true to myself, does that make me weird? I may be silent, but I take in a lot and sometimes I am quite disappointed at how the transition of schools have not changed much things about the maturity of students.

If I don't have expectations, would I still be disappointed? I mean, it's quite common sense to have such basic expectations, and sometimes I try very hard to put myself in others' situations, would I still have reacted the same way? I sympathize from their points of view, yet I don't understand what it is that forces us to fall back into the collectivist culture and not think for ourselves.

I feel sad about it, but I know it's beyond my control. Life is tough sometimes, but I know I am contented, and I wish more people would feel the same way too. How do we shed the innocence and naivety? Experience comes hitting hard on some of us, I don't know if I am lucky or unlucky to experience many things earlier. 6 weeks into school, and I still have a hard time adapting. Sigh, why am I so slow in this.

No comments: