Saturday, October 08, 2011

Beginnings

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

I have never thought of entrepreneurship in the past, okay, maybe I did have some lingering thoughts here and there. But nothing has ever been conceptualised in the end anyway, nor have I given much thought to it. As I attended the official launch of the 13th Start-up @ Singapore, I decided to give myself more room to think about the opportunities there are available. Not that I have to be doing something now, but at least I know what kind of opportunities there are out there. Hearing Edward, the founder of Timbre group, speak about his social mission and the reason for the chain of F&B/Music lifestyle outlets, did inspire me a bit on the things people strive to pursue in their lives. That if you have the passion for it, it didn't matter what you were doing, because you are going to do great in what you love doing.

Many thoughts came flooding in, I visualised providing a niche service for the dead, or a product & service in the interior design industry. It gets me excited looking at all the detailed layout plans and autocad drawings of conceptualised residential properties. But the market for this industry is already quite saturated. In fact, it's too saturated. And I don't want to end up as a contractor which most likely will be termed that way in the ID line, unless it's focused purely on ID consultancy job. But the satisfaction comes from seeing nothing to building something spectacular right? Then, the niche service, I don't know anything about the market for that service. It's too niche, it's too new an idea. Which is probably a very good thing.

I hope to start work soon, going for my first job interview ever on Tuesday. Exciting to be back to the corporate world, that is, if I get the job.

No comments: