Sunday, October 30, 2011

Moving

Be Prepared to Feel Uprooted

You're going to be living in chaos for a while, with boxes everywhere and things feeling out of control. It's normal to be upset when you can't find the spatula or the crockpot; just remember to consult your lists and know that you're organized and on track for this move. You've done the work, and even though there's still more to go, it will get done.
And when you move into your new home, also remember that it'll take a while for this new space to feel like your own. Give it time. Give yourself time to settle in.

And remember to breathe...



I'm feeling the stress, the louder voices, the shorter spans of patience already. It's going to be very draining. But looking at how Sushi can be so peaceful sleeping on the empty floors allows a tranquil sense of peace to wash over me, like how I love picturing my worries and troubles being washed away when I shower at the end of the day. Therapeutic moments incorporated into my daily life. Thankful for that.

No comments: