Monday, November 14, 2011

Little nuggets of happiness

Slowly moving up Maslow's hierarchy of needs as I become more settled into the AMK environment and the convenience of this location. 

As you can tell, this little blog here has been revamped. Quite therapeutic for me when I visit it just to soak in the atmosphere. I wished I had more inspiration to pour more writings into this beautiful thing. 

I was reading Sumiko's column in The Sunday Times about happiness. I could relate a whole lot about how little things would suffice to making one feel happy. I'm so much happier than I was two days back, when everything was in a mess, and I was in so much of a pain dealing with the itch every night, and the lack of companionship, as if I was going through everything all alone. 

That was a chunkful. 

Even though the pest control team came and took the place down and soaked it thoroughly with chemical, I still experience some bites. It's pretty torturous to the mind, if it continues, I'm afraid I'm going to start developing other side effects like thinking bugs are crawling even when there are none. There will be a second treatment again a week later. I'm hopeful. 

For now, I'm just contented and happy that I have a proper place to study. I feel like I have to do my study table and place justice by doing well in my exams. Thankful for a nice environment even though it's merely a small flat to go by. If not for the bedbugs, actually, a small flat is conducive for a small family to develop stronger bonds. 

If I really had more money in future to invest in properties, I would never buy a huge landed property. I have lived from 3000sqft to a mere 700sqft now, and honestly, it's not the bigger the house, the happier I become. Just comfortable living with the right amount of love inside, is all about it to make a happy household. 

So much ups and downs in my life, I really treasure things that just flow and go along with little hiccups. Right now? I will be happier without the bugs. Just the bugs. Damn it.

No comments: