Saturday, November 12, 2011

Settled

You can only be as pathetic as your mind makes it up to be. The world still continues revolving despite all that you're facing.

There were many moments of solitude as I spend them away from home, away from family.

As I spend these moments alone, fighting the devil of emotions with the courage and will of the mind, I know I am growing stronger and tougher inside. Physical fatigue can be erased with sleep. Mental fatigue can be coped with positivity. Emotional fatigue with comfort.

I have been pretty desperate the past week with the shift and bedbug infestation. Help seemed so far away from those I'd expect the most from. Yet again, I've emerged through this wreck, knowing that there are some people you can depend on. Very thankful for having such a great mom to do things all out of the way just to make me feel a little better, appreciative of little gestures from friends offering their accommodations while I roamed around like a soul-less ghost as if the candle almost flickered out on its own.

You know they say, you see the truest of friends in the hardest of times. I have and it has touched my heart and broken it in some ways.

No comments: