Sunday, December 18, 2011

Back to December

I've had a really good rejuvenating trip away from all the hustle and bustle in Singapore. For the premium that we've paid, I think it was really worth it. I'll worry about earning that back again in time to come. I was fortunate to find a book to keep myself entertained from the 3rd day onwards at the guest house in Chiangmai. Love how tourists put up those books to share. That's the way knowledge should be right, pass it on. The book is called "Journey Without Goal: The Tantric Wisdom of the Buddha". It was such a complimenting experience to the way I pictured myself relaxing and disconnecting from the world back here. Although I felt myself going into a different world altogether every night when I read a few chapters just before I slept, I felt more surreal in the place, immersing myself fully in a totally different environment and adapting to it very quickly.

Spiritually, I feel more wholesome. It was a really well deserved break. The reconnection with nature and its sounds remind me of the peace that I've been seeking in some of the zen books I've been reading back in Singapore. As if I'm trying to achieve the state of still water... occasionally creating ripples when thrown with stones and pebbles and settling back to the still state again after a while. Similar to the calmness despite troubles, worries and criticisms. I really appreciate the beauty of nature, with the majestic strong currents created by waterfalls, the coolness of the high altitude, and the beautiful plantations created by pure hard work and the efforts of the villagers living up in the mountains. I'm blessed to be able to deepen my insights as I pay attention to the country, the culture and its people with their various practices. Soaking everything like a sponge... I wished I had more knowledge to appreciate the place even more.

My favourite picture from the trip! 

As I return to Singapore, back to the month of December, I was reminded of the epic dramas I've experienced with Nel during this very same period last year. And how quickly time has just flown by... and we've yet again grown up with those experiences. Office & its politics didn't break me, it just made me stronger. Although I wouldn't want to be in the eye of the tornado again, I'm glad to have experienced that to grow up with a greater sense of maturity, to know the realness of the world.

December used to be a season of love for me. I thought it was the mood for love. But it's been pretty much the season of giving these recent years. Ah, overrated-ness. I think my life's changing quite a bit.  
我宁愿回到一个人生活
As if this particular song with its lyrics speaking my innermost thoughts, deep down even without me knowing. Startlingly real.

No comments: