Saturday, March 24, 2012

Another serendipity moment

This semester I have clearly set out my priorities of reducing distractions and giving more focus to my studies which really is the sole reason why I'm in a University. With climbing in my life, I have little time and energy for anything else. These 2 were more than enough to keep me busy if I were to perform equally well for both. On top of those, I would take the organising of Boulderactive as my part-time work which requires a little bit more of my time but not as demanding as my 2 main priorities.

I feel like I have made the right decision and learnt from the mistake I made in Sem 1. How very ambitious of me, I went head first into my first Business Case Competition organised by NUS-Shell 1/2 months after matriculation. As I initially had the idea that my timetable for school wasn't very tight, I happily committed myself to working part-time once a week at an audit firm. With that, I also had to juggle 3 times a week training for climbing. So basically, I had a ton of projects week after week, with basically no time to even study properly at all. What happened? My grades sucked, I was almost soul-less, and I basically wanted to kill myself for making such silly decisions of wearing myself so thin. But all of these, I couldn't just say I want to quit halfway. So I saw myself through the crazy sem. And I thought I was going crazy too.

So, even a fool would learn his lessons, I have learnt mine too.

I am not usually one to keep my head in the clouds, but I assure you, everyone has his moment of wishing for the moon.

It was 3 years ago, when I first paid attention to this little wish. Knowing that it was highly impossible, I entertained it only on an intermittent basis.
You know the saying of wishing for the moon? And even if you don't get to the moon, at least you'll land among the stars?
It's really a pleasant surprise to be surrounded by the stars, especially when I least expected it.

I cannot be more content.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Hi! I am considering whether to join the case competition. I'm a freshie. Will I be disadvantaged? Also, what kind of members should we look for in a team?