Saturday, March 31, 2012

Delicate balance

You can tell the strongest of person not in his physical strength, but in his unfaltering commitment to stand by his beliefs despite all temptations flying his way. Living up to my own expectations is just as tiring as fulfilling it can be. And when I decide to strip all expectations I have of other people, I am able to be the most truthful person to myself in accepting that there can not be such thing as perfect. The simple joy of impressing myself over and over is enough for sustenance of the soul. Somehow, I have for once, managed to centre the balance in knowing when to expect more from myself and knowing when to be contented. I really revel in this moment in life. Giving it my best shot is the most I would expect of myself, and the rest will fall into place. I've learnt to take the backseat and not assume control of every detail in my life.

No comments: