Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Sentiments of the young towards the old

As my work involved observing so many people day in day out, I have grown to take a special liking towards really old couples. Wrinkly. Hunched. Slowed-down responses and actions. But they stand side by side, sit together, eat together, a few exchange of words, and through it all, as a young adult, I could only try to grapple the many years that they have been through by standing afar and admiring the love that has transcended time and all its obstacles.

Many times, I wonder to myself if I will still hold onto another pair of wrinkly old hands, hunched, and share the simple joys of life.

They are an inspiration that marriage is not a doomed institution. A final destination. A beginning of an ending.

What will life hold? It contains the bits and pieces of the decisions we make every day.

No comments: