Tuesday, August 07, 2012

So fast?! AY2012/2013 already!

In a couple more days, I will be starting my Academic Year 2012/2013.
That means I am officially an undergraduate year 2. Also means I have been promoted to BBA2.
During this period last year, I was fumbling around, getting thrown off the feet with having to deal with terms like "modules", "bidding" & "freshies". Now they all just seem like memories of yesteryear.

I have completed the following modules in my first year in NUS Business Admin:

Sem 1
BFS1001: Personal Development & Career Management
BSP1005: Managerial Economics
DSC1007: Business Analytics - Models & Decisions
ES2002: Business Communication
MKT1003: Marketing
SSA2202: Changing Landscapes of Singapore

Sem 2
ACC1002: Financial Accounting
BSP1004: Legal Environment Of Business
DSC2006: Operations Management
MNO1001: Management And Organisation
GEK1527: Genes and Society

After much analysis on my part, I realised I have fared pretty poorly compared to my peers even though I was studying hard. And all these while, I keep thinking to myself how suited I am to do well for my course because it was the course that made the most sense to me and I actually enjoyed what I learnt. But why are grades such a poor reflection of the enjoyment and satisfaction I derived from the accumulation of such valuable knowledge?

Personally, grades themselves don't affect my confidence much in that they become the main motivation for my constant studying, rather, I just enjoy learning and being proficient in having knowledge related to business. And I used this to justify to myself that this is true intrinsic motivation to learning. But I guess many others only see the tangible results I have to offer - which aren't very much to boast about.

As I embark on the new Academic Year ahead, I will carry on my sole journey in learning for what there is. Harsh world, please don't give up on me; because I never gave up on myself.

No comments: