Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Carpe Diem...

But it's so hard!

Particularly this semester, every week flies by. Monday today, and the next time before I realise it, it's the weekend, and it's week 5, then week 10, then week 12. The semester is drawing to a close. Lessons are into their final stages, everything is wrapping up.

As I study day in day out, waking up in the mornings with the sun, getting my engine going through the day, settling down into a cooling night with an even clearer mind after the daily shower, I can't help but feel like time is slipping through my hands much too fast. I want to seize the day, but what counts as seizing? If all I feel every day is time passing so fast and I'm absorbed with work so much, does that even count?

Look, I'm not even complaining that life is a humdrum. I'm much too busy and enjoy the bustle of work to even complain that life is too boring. Every day, I'm a little bit more enlightened with new knowledge, new articles, new books. But there's still a missing catch.

Don't you feel like there is a more tangible way to actually seize the day? Trying to grasp that concept, but failing miserably.

No comments: