Wednesday, June 21, 2006

It's been a really busy week for me.
I've hardly gotten any rest and my brain is pumping really hard. I need a break. People please spare me and give me a break.
I'm losing my focus during tuition. Losing the energy to work for anything.
I just feel like whacking the drums all day long... vent all my fustrations. My head is throbbing so hard like it can't take the pressure anymore.

I was asking myself. What do people really need? And what's the difference between people's needs and wants.
Needs - A Home? Love? Friends?
Wants - Materials?
It's supposedly that way. But life's isn't fair all the time.
When people have what they NEED, they will take for granted and greediness gets the better of them, till their desires for "wants" becomes "needs".
So what do i really need? And what do i want? Can they be concluded to be the same category? That if i lack any of them, i'm not complete?
A very difficult question to answer. Have we learnt to treasure? Treasure and be content with what we have?
Why are we so sheltered? Why am i so sheltered?
Okay, so we just have to accept the fact that most Singaporean kids are too sheltered nowadays that we take for granted with what we have.
Sometimes i feel very disappointed in the people around me and even more disappointed in myself that we have ended up like that.
Let's see, i've done quite a large amount of waking up and thinking about all my past and now.
I'm still changing and hoping to be a better person.
Sometimes it's not ourselves that we want to be that pampered but because of our surroundings and environment that we live in. We depend on others too much.
Talking about treasuring. If we learn to treasure the people around us, life would definitely be much better. It all goes one circle again, we take for granted and not learn to treasure until we lose that certain something then do we realise that we actually depended on it too much. And we regret for our whole life.
Have we really treasured what our parents have done for us? All the pain they went through to provide just for us. The best for us. The best to their limits. I think it's just a rare few group of people who have treasured. Either they have experienced the loss of a loved one or they have seen other cases closely linked to them. I think we should really start treasuring our parents for what they have done for us. Yes, and i'm emphasising that. Imagine if you were to buy all that toys and clothes and diapers when you were young. All that food they gave you. All the hard earned money that they had worked so hard for. Nothing we can do to ever repay them.
And yes, we have to treasure every single thing we have. Every little thing that we own is earned through much effort by our parents. Treasure the people around you... treasure yourself.

No comments: