Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Unbelievable...

Today i'm shocked, stunned and very surprised. Expectations, hopes... give me much disappointment.

I am still in awe.

My maid left yesterday so i'm maid-less.
It was back to the usual, me being the maid when there is no maid.

So naturally, it is very, very easy for my mom to say "Hey we can live without a maid~!"
Because, i am the one doing everything and not complaining about responsibilities that everyone in the family has. I do as much as i can for the basic housekeeping like ensuring there's enough drinking water every day, clothes to be washed, hung and folded. The rest is not really as necessary, say sweeping, moping etc.

Having been trained to do all that when i was living at How Sun Walk, i assumed my 'maid' roles when there isn't any maid around from time to time.

Today, i have a really long day. We had school, A-math IR till 4.30, then in the night, tuition to 9.30p.m. When my mom came back at 7p.m, i asked a simple favour from her to help me lay the clothes out later cos i just put them in the washing machine.

Me: Mommy, later can you help me lay the clothes out ar?
Mom: Why you so gan chiong wash the clothes so fast?
Me: Aiya, can help me lay cos later i end tuition very late already.
Mom: You wash so easy, then laying so difficult, ask me to do.
Me: *Speechless*

Am i supposed to feel angry? Or do i have the right to be angry? Because till now, i still don't know what i said that went wrong.

All the past times that i've been washing, laying, folding, doing all the little things here and there to tidy the house up, i've never uttered a single word or complained to my mom because i thought it was natural to contribute something to the house when there isn't any maid to help out.

What shocked me the most was how she could just say that laying the clothes out was such a difficult task and i had to ask her to do it when this is the FIRST time i'm asking a favour of her to help me because i know i'll be mentally and physically drained from the day's activities when i come home from tuition at 10p.m.

And if you are wondering if she did lay the clothes out, guess what?
Deep down, i knew the answer that she would lay when she got home after sending me to tuition.
The surprising thing was, when i reached home, the clothes are not laid, nothing is done. Everything remained in the same state as it was when i left the house.
In the end, i did everything.

I feel miserably sad.
I try very hard to do my part and keep the family together, for everyone to be happy.

Sometimes i really don't know if anybody in my family understands what a family really means.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cheery up! life's like being in a wonky ferris wheel. you don't get to see the fantastic views all the time. sometimes you're at the bottom carriage when the sunset occurs. sometimes you do get to see it. sometimes the wheel even gets stuck for a little while. but wherever it is just relax and remember every bit is part of a beautiful picture (so don't shut your eyes!) and it helps to have someone nice in your carriage :)