Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Quality education and not so quality a life

How much are we sacrificing for a quality education, all in the namesake of a future that's been crafted so beautifully in our minds? I'm losing myself ever since I've started this journey in JC. I'm even regretting my choice. I barely have time for myself for any leisure activities. I can't indulge in books like I used to; I haven't stepped out of the house for a long time purely for motives of relaxation like shopping or skating. When was the last time I could just lay in bed till 12/1p.m over the weekends? I can't even remember. I have no time for self reflections like this very post, the irony.

I really want a break. A break for a clean fresh slate to start it all over.

Singapore's education system is too stifling for the well-being of the state of mind. Knowledge for content and moral values share an inverse relationship, with the latter on a huge decline. I think we need more education injected into the system to cultivate the soul.

It's quite a vicious cycle... I foresee sending the future kids to enrichment classes to get them on a head start for life. The more highly educated the previous generation is, the greater the expectations are of the future generations.

I pity my malnourished soul and mind but they are rendered helpless given the circumstances.
When will we ever break out of this rat race?

No comments: