Monday, September 07, 2009

Post-birthday

I think if i were to wait for Calvin's photos to be uploaded I will never be able to blog... maybe 10 years later i suppose, hor? :P

Really... I think it's going to be such a boring post without the photos because words don't do justice to the extreme exhilaration i felt for the whole of my birthday, lest the fever parts.
My pre-birthday in school was really really sweet... with my class surprising me after the 1st lesson with a birthday cake + song + presents!

This drawing is really cute

Class of 28/09

And then with climbers scaring me with the huge AA hello kitty balloon that says "Birthday Princess".


(FYI, i brought the balloon home and Sushi got so scared of it... she went into hiding mode for the whole of the next day and refused to eat... poor thing. Then my brother got scared too cos i left it in the living room and when he came out of his room in the middle of the night, the huge balloon was bobbing near his room door, he said he thought what the hell that was.. something so huge flying near the ceiling in the middle of the night, freaking hilarious...)
Then we had titans training in the afternoon which left my quads aching for the next few days... and i had another round of birthday song from them, so sweet eh?

The next morning, had to wake up really early for the kayak P.E elective.
It could have been a really short journey from my house to MacRitchie Reservoir, but being road-idiots, my mom and I kept missing turns and what nots. We travelled almost twice the distance! Waste of petrol... The next car should really have a GPS system for my mom to know her way around the little island called Singapore. After driving for more than the years in my age, she still doesn't know her way around(sucks to be her).

Kayaking was really fun... in my mind i had the picture of an open sea.. with salty water and all the dirt etc but the place turned out to be really nice. I was glad that Xiao Wee provided much entertainment for the whole morning. What with his capsizing-other-people and paddling-like-an-idiot-because-he-can't-freaking-coordinate-with-me moments... seriously, even though it's silly, it keeps me laughing.

After that, I had lunch with cocobeforeTan Chanel... btw, i've fixed up the jigsaw puzzle that you guys gave me... it's so niceee. BUT why are you at the centre of the picture? Totally steal the limelight away from me, like as if it's a birthday present FOR you like that. TSK. The same old same man... we haven't met for a month already I think, and when we meet, it's as if we've known each other since forever.

My fever at this point in time was starting to scream in my head... waiting to unleash the fury. Initial plan was to head home and have a good sleep because i thought a lot of the climbers couldn't make it for the outing, unexpectedly, there was a change of venue - Clement's house. Guess what? The whole bunch of them were already waiting for this princess arrival lah... imagine if i just went home and sleep... I wouldn't climb in peace for the rest of my life man. Hahaha! They sang me a birthday song and Calvin baked my birthday cake! This is a first k! No one has ever baked me a birthday cake before... I was utterly touched by his sincere efforts.. especially when he's a guy! Heh... I also received a pair of hand-drawn shoes from Kris, Gwen and Black, and a photo journal from Rah! Don't you see something in common with all these gifts? They are all so personalised... just so my style of a perfect birthday gift.

Dinner went out with my family and relatives at Aston's. Due to the lack of appetite because of the oncoming fever, I ate really little, but nevertheless i enjoyed the company a lot. We went back to my uncle's place and they bought me black forest ice cream cake from Swensens. Another round of birthday song and cake cutting... heh.

Throughout all of these cake-cutting, i've never made a wish at all. I didn't know what to wish for, because i am really contented with what i have already. My classmates just affirmed that when they picked me as the most self-satisfied/contented person in class for some random readings during GP. I think that's the way to go to leading a fulfilling life man... if you're always wishing for something better you'll never be happy and appreciative of what you already have.

That sums up my wonderful birthday... spent with the closest of friends and my loved ones, i can never ask for anything more than that. Thank you...

No comments: