Sunday, November 01, 2009

like father like son

All those times of feeling that I needed a father's love are down-scaled when in comparison to my brother. Now that he's in the NS, he really needs that father figure so much more than me. I feel so miserable for him thinking how pathetic i was without a father, but I've never thought of how much harder it is for my brother to cope with.

Today we went to eat dinner before he booked in, and he mentioned about his best friend's dad sending his friend to and fro from camp to home, how his dad always reminded him to come home earlier because he needed to book in the next day. Just this little sharing of feelings made me feel sooo sad for him... I tried to console by saying optimistically that "mommy can do that too!", obviously it didn't help. It's not the same.

I watched the sister's keeper with my mom on Saturday... it was so heartwarming. My tears just kept flowing. The quality life that we are all seeking is so easy to say and picture, but so hard to attain in reality.

A family's bond transcends everything else.

Aside from that, I would like to dedicate this to all my friends who have been through promos, titans and slogging our guts out for PW with me. Without you guys, there wouldn't be me.



Remember that this is not the end of our journey, there's so much more ahead in life to look forward to. Don't let minor setbacks make you lose sight of the big picture.

No comments: