Monday, February 22, 2010

Release

On the way to school today as I stared out the window at the buildings flashing by, boy was I glad it's a new week again. It means a fresh start, a clean slate to begin on.
The day wasn't anymore different but I was definitely feeling much better. I think it's really a lot to do with the self rather than the environment. I'm sure the environment hardly changed from last week, it was my mindset heading for the positive side and I was feeling way happier.
At least lessons seem to make more sense and it feels good. This kinda feeling compounds so I'm glad I'm getting back on track again.

I know this sounds gay but Calvin will feel so honoured: he's my inspiration to study even harder. When I think that I'm studying hard, I see Calvin working his ass off every free period and I feel that I'm still taking it a little too easy. He is my best role model as his time management is really good compared to mine. His commitments range from ice hockey to climbing to school and he still is able to handle all these stress. I would crumble physically and mentally.

It's really heartwarming to have so many dear friends caring and standing by me. It's what bounces me to get on with life and move ahead because there are so much more bigger things. With Gravical in another week's time, I'm all excited once again to climb. I hope I'm able to pull the positive feeling from the start of training to the end. Usually I start off feeling all geared up, then as it gets into an hour or half into training when the routes start getting more difficult(or it's just me getting more tired and unable to complete the routes), I start feeling damn sian.
I need more stamina to last the high intensity bouldering.

I am just enlightened that I have a really talented Physics tutor. I wonder if Serser actually knew so much about him. For the amount that I'm paying, I'm more than willing to give. He is a really well-educated person and he ended the lesson today by giving Zac and I so much to think about life in general. He talked about how we can all just do one thing to improve our personality and we might just broaden our perspectives by a lot. And that one thing is very subjective to individuals. It might be something for one, and an altogether different thing for another. Each of us knows best what is that one thing that we can change, but the key problem lies in it not being easy to do.

I love these sort of talks about self-improvement because I believe in life, the best sort of fulfillment and accomplishment comes spiritually.
It happens internally.

No comments: