Saturday, May 08, 2010

Climb X Inter-JC Cat

I've broken a couple of personal records today. One, for climbing extremely fast (which is considered normal pace relative to everyone else), I shaved half the time I take to climb a lead route. Usually, or rather, all the time for all the past difficulty competitions, I always exceed the 6 minutes and don't finish the climb and i have to let go. Now, i have managed to do it about 3ish minutes. I'm actually liking this pace better. When I review my climbs from today, it looks so much smoother and fluid as compared to the constant slow motion that I have been doing. I'm so proud of myself for finally being able to move the gear up in terms of the speed of my climb.

Another thing, it's hard to attend classes with frequent stomachaches that require certain form of relief in the toilet, it's even harder to compete with such stomachaches. I had a total of 2 diarrhoeas today before my climbs and trust me, it's not fun at all. The ultracarbon pills don't work at all. I wonder if there's anything wrong with my stomach because I have the diarrhoea symptoms for a week already.

It has been a long day of hard work today from competing to organising. Whoever said organising was easy? Too much manpower creates the problem of control, too little manpower creates the problem of inefficiency. I'm so thankful and grateful for having such great leaders amongst us.

One last day for Climb X 2010, crossing my fingers for good weather, and great success to the whole event.


No comments: