Saturday, June 05, 2010

A little walk

It's one of those rare days where I took the public transport willingly and (maybe grudgingly, fine cos the weather was so hot) I sound like I'm contradicting myself, but no, it was one of those days where you feel like you could travel any distance for someone. So I woke up just a tad bit late and decide to eat some fruit loops with milk and reminisce my childhood days with super sweet child-like cereal breakfast thinking I have all the time in the world to relax and chill and possibly wake up from my post-slumber drowsiness till I realised it was way past 12 and I sort of told Calvin I would be over at noon and decided to chop chop leave the house and not waste anymore time. That was a mouthful of a sentence.

He and I both needed lunch and I had to go Bedok Corner to packet some stuffs. That was when I realised I am such a noob when it comes to Malay and Indian food. Usually I'd go there for some malay sambal stingray and those BBQ food with family and friends, but it feels so different going there alone. That's cos I don't order all the time and now that I have to be a bit more independent, I realised I barely even know the variety of malay food the place has. Everything just seemed so foreign and similar to me. I feel so ignorant.
Anyhooooooooooo, I decided I shouldn't waste anymore time walking around in circles, like literally, and quickly ordered the food. Along my detour in circles, I saw many signboards with "nasi lemak power", "roti john power", "ayam penyet power", and i seriously wondered what the hell does it mean with the power behind those original names. Must be the fierce competition, so now they have product differentiation. Ha.

Walked a longggg way into his house. Surrounded by landed properties, I totally forgot how it felt like to live in one. Before I moved out of our last landed property at Upp. Paya Lebar, I walked around the neighbourhood soaking in all the feelings of serenity and perhaps exclusivity. That was all over when I shifted in at Pasir Ris after the whole episode of throwing many things out and down-sizing to fit so much furniture and belongings into a flat. The inconvenience of having to park the car at a Multi Storey Carpark, the inconvenience of taking the lift and walking to the corridor, and most of all, the privacy was lost. Who knew, I grew accustomed to it, just like how I matured from a spoilt brat to a little more sensible girl.

I still share the same dream with my mom, passionately keen on purchasing our next landed property within the coming 5 years. The thought of renovating it completely just refreshes my soul. The sense of fulfillment is constantly fuelled everyday when I think of how when I reach home and my beautiful masterpiece sits there waiting for the passers-by and myself to admire and envy.

This is my own way of motivating myself to continuously study and pursue my dreams. Keep it burning, keep it alive. Don't let the short-live pain outlast the big picture.

No comments: