Thursday, December 09, 2010

Cruise

On the 3rd Dec - 6th Dec I was missing in action from Singapore, as most loyal readers would know, I have been away on a cruise. Super impromptu holiday trip with mommy and her many years best friend and her best friend's sister with all their kids. Ok, they each brought a kid only. So there were a grand total of 2 kids. Wow.

In 18 years of my life, this is my virgin trip on a cruise that my mom kept thinking it would resemble Titanic. But no, it's not as grand as Titanic. But nevertheless, the food was great. Especially the dinners that consisted of my favourite kinds of western expensive food that would set one back about a hundred bucks back in SG. Full course of dinner consisting of appetiser, beverage, main course, dessert and tea/coffee.

Due to my amazing memory, I wanted to list the amazing food down, but I got stuck at the first 2 appetisers I had on the first night of dinner - lobster bisque and escargots. So we shall move on away from food. The cruise's highlights were the late night parties, I especially loved the rock n roll one. Classic hits that stay through the time like I Will Survive, YMCA etc etc, and gosh, the old fogeys there sure could dance very well. Contrasting it to the young punks at the club lounge on another night where the DJ was playing hits that are the in thing now, i.e. Only Girl, Club Can't Handle Me Right Now etc, the old fogeys looked sooooo much better on the dance floor. The young ones were just dancing like monkeys, I'm serious. Foolish looking and totally having the time of their life oblivious to the world with their antics.

I think the crew at Royal Carribean really have a thing for folding towels.

Every night when I went back to the hotel the room will be all ready for sleeping and all, and there, a little companion would be in the room waiting to be played with.


They used paper boats and colour it for the eyes. Totally scoring points for creativity. Hahaha

And this was my all time favourite! A doggy with my mom's sunglasses on it and sequins for eyes!

I climbed on the rock wall on the cruise ship too. Though it may be small, it got me aching for a couple of days till now. I did a mere 4 short climbs only. Says much about my fitness level eh!

And on the last day, I finally managed to wake up in time for the beautiful sunrise.

And oh yes, I passed my BTT already! Zooooom zooom.

No comments: