Thursday, December 09, 2010

Pamper

Diapers.

Randomness.

I suddenly feel all girly and doing all the girl things that I thought I'd never waste money on. On prom day in the morning/noon, busied myself getting manicure + pedicure. And then treated myself to an expensive haircut and curling that costs $50 at Anthony Hair Boutique. That gets you 5 normal economical haircuts fyi. And I get a haircut once a year, so that means I just spent 5 years' worth of haircuts. Okay, stop laughing at my cheapo-ness.

Then bombed another $150 for the get-up for prom. So I kinda 'wasted' close to $200 and loads of time and my mom's and stress and what not, just for a special night.

If it's a memory of a lifetime, it's definitely worth it.

Everyone looked so different that I couldn't recognise. Make-up + beautiful evening dress sure does something to a person. In this world, 真的没有不美丽的女人,只有懒女人! The guys were amazingly hot as well. Presentable and all grown up, ready to face the next phase of life.

Yes, JC life has ended. Officially. Everything has finally ended. The mad studying, the mad climbing sessions, the mad late mornings that I've chalked up 3 detention classes. Amazing.
We've been on a crazy fast train, speeding through life. Eighteen years old. I've been waiting for this day for so long. It has finally come, and why do I still feel the same old same? Like nothing's changed, but I know everything has. People's changed, lives' changed, mindset's changed. But somehow, there's one thing constant about me - I have too many principles and I tend to make them up along the way and stand by them.

I used to think gloriously of how nice it would be to club, to drink, to do everything that's associated with having the same privileges adulthood brings along. But nothing's really that appealing anymore. I'll have to find something new to look forward to - growing old and getting someone old.

No comments: