Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Pre-prom

I have been missing out on quite a lot from this virtual world with an absence of close to a week. Surprisingly, I don't really miss my virtual life that much.

I have been taken on a new road of experiences during the cruise. Holidaying with adults and little kids with none my age can be quite tiring and lonely at times because I'm stuck in the middle of being an adult and playing with the kids and being the role model and being mature and fun-loving. It doesn't help that I'm getting a sense that little kids these days are spoilt beyond measure, it's simply scary. It's this fear building in me wondering about my future family/kids etc, what will it be like? Will the academia faze be over? Will the technology craze still survive?

It's killing real emotions and feelings and all the simplicities that were beautiful on its own.

I wonder if somewhere, someone out there, feels the same as I do that twitter/facebook/foursquare and the likes should have restricted access when one is outside away from home. It gets on my nerve that twitter and facebook updates come by every hour or so, lamenting about simply the most mundane things, that it makes the whole prospect of twittering/facebooking just pure boring because you're always reading off someone's toilet experience or movie queue experience or waiting for bus and being bored experience.

It's the point of being so connected in the virtual world, that real pure friendships are compromised with the web of tech mess interfering and interrupting conversational exchanges. As what HIMYM's Robin said, it's so hard to get the tone across when you're simply typing something off into the net. Misunderstandings arise, unnecessary misunderstandings as well.
Can't we give ourselves a break and stop multi-tasking all this while and just pay attention to the world outside and stop complaining about how boring it is because one is simply too caught up in one's own virtual world to notice the smell and sight of roses, literally.
And yes, I also mind people messaging blatantly 24/7 in front of me. It's pure rude. You're better off staying at home messaging than hanging out, really.

No comments: