Friday, February 25, 2011

Experience

It's hard not to blog about work when my life is surrounded by work.

I have gained a lot of new perspectives and lessons from stress management to work competence.

To understand that I have been paid to do the job requires me to not demand compliments and signs of appreciation when a job has been done. I personally take pride in all my tasks and achieve satisfaction in completing jobs properly.

I have been learning a lot on how to handle my emotions in order to work professionally. For my direct superior to be throwing millions of tasks on me, I have learnt the art of saying orh/ok even if it seemed like I'm going mad. Putting on a straight face, quietly typing furiously and rushing things out have been the norm.

Now I sound like I'm typing reflections on my work experience. Ha.
Well, I realise I do seek structure and routine in everything I do.

I still wonder what I will do... A level results is the turning point. But what's the options?
Results are coming sooooon. Real soon. This work experience has changed a lot of my perspectives as a person. The world is still out there, left untouched and unexplored. There's so much to do, so much to experience. I'm glad I've had the chance to widen my perspective and not see things so naively.

I seriously wondered how I managed to keep a relationship going in the past with such a childish temperament. Maybe I'm going to think this way as well two years later. Everyday we're all changing, how can anyone expect someone to stay the same forever? Change is really constant.

I've stopped the monotonous working like I have no life. Enriching it with reading from time to time keeps me from being clammed up and self absorbed, and soon, unaware of the world. I'm glad I've made a change.

And, there's something for myself to note. I made my first mistake at work yesterday and I realise owning up and taking responsibility for it actually made it a whole lot easier for myself to learn from it. And I just happen to read an article about striving for excellence:

"We all make mistakes but what is important is how we recognise those mistakes, correct them and move on."

A good night's sleep always creates a fresh clean slate for me to begin a new day the next morning. Troubles are forgotten, grudges are erased. Really living and let live...Why does it seem so easy for me and so difficult for others? I know the answer sometimes, it's because I have always been indifferent to everything. And I wonder if that's a good or bad thing.

No comments: