Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Krabi 2011

As I sat there on the deck of freedom bar on many of the days there, zoning out, sometimes thinking about life back in Singapore, thinking about the work and people, I am so glad to be away for a good sustained period. 12 days were more than enough to let me lose track of time. It felt fast... but every day there was simply simple. Nothing to worry, same old same food and drink, that they become comfort food. Even the accommodation felt like home every night after a long day outdoors. It wasn't really all about climbing. I just needed a good break from work, and this was it.

Now I'm so afraid of going back to the dreaded place. Unpleasantries linger around.

I appreciated the simple life back there.

But I appreciate Singapore and my life back here so much more because I realise I am really privileged to have all that I have right now. It feels like a good reminder to myself to be grateful and contented.

Personal log of the climbs I've tried/done there:

Dum's Kitchen
Schlingel Moritz - 6a
Schlingel Max - 6b

Tyrolean Wall
Missing Snow - 6b+

Tonsai Wall and Roof
I No Speak England - 6b
Tidal Wave - 7b
Hin Rong Hai(Crying Rock) - 6c

Fire Wall
The Groove Tube - 6a
For Helga - 6b

One-Two-Three at Railay
Giggering for Climbing - 5
Short and Savage - 6b
Old Route - 5
Make A Way - 6a+

The Nest/Wild Kingdom
Whacky Weed - 6a
Techno Bug - 6a

No comments: